Thursday, October 22, 2015

The D word has been spoken.

We've agreed to get a divorce.  There's really no point to our marriage as it stands right now, and that's not going to change. We'll wait till we sell the house, just to keep things less complicated, but there we are.

Oh, and he won't help me with a damn thing to get the house ready for the market, so that's fun.  I recently filled a 30 cu yd dumpster.  Just me and the kids.  We had it for two weeks. How much did he contribute?  Bupkis.

And that actually very neatly sums up our marriage.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it comes to the D-word. I went through that a couple of years ago and wouldn't wish it on anyone (not even my ex - surprising enough). A friend of mine told me that it is the worst thing he has ever done. It was about 2-years of hell, but it does get better. It may not seem that way at times, but have faith that it gets better.

    The first summer that I separated from my ex was strange - it felt like a dream. But, eventually things got more normal.

    And in the end, things are way better. It is a crappy path to take, but sometimes that is life. And the crappy takes much longer than you will expect. And at times probably be worse than you expect. But have faith that it takes time (and effort) to heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chuck. We haven't gotten there yet, bc it's a hard house to sell, but he and I have grown farther apart in the meantime. I definitely feel like I'm adapting to things, though.

      Delete